There are several kinds of diffusers and what we want for mold inhibition is a nebulizing diffuser, one that breaks the molecules into microscopic particulates that can mist a room to inhibit mold growth. Depending on the size of the room, type of diffuser used, and the length of time the diffuser is operated, not to mention to actual oils used, inhibition can be relatively temporary or last several years. Care should be taken to avoid excessive inhalation because the oils are “safe” in moderation but intense. They can also be beneficial when inhaled but exposure should not exceed five minutes every three hours and the distance from the diffuser should be at least six feet. Exposure time should probably be less for infants, certain types of pets, and persons in fragile condition due to illness or age.

Showing all 5 results